We all spend a lot of time at work, so it’s important to be in a role which challenges you and for a company that you feel engaged with. Here are six signs from the U&P Tribe that it may be the right time to start working on your CV.
1. You're no longer challenged - your boss should be interested in stretching you and you should have the motivation to seek new responsibilities.
Think: When was the last time you went out of your comfort zone at work?
2. You don't embrace the company culture - the values of the company should match yours and there shouldn't be a big gap between what the Leadership says and then actually does.
Think: Read your Vision and Values – are these lived and breathed by you and your colleagues?
3. Your salary is the only reward - great companies offer so much more than a pay slip; with many offering benefits such as learning and development opportunities, flexible working and great feel-good CSR initiatives; as well as financial-based benefits such as discounts and buying/selling holiday.
Think: When was the last time you utilised a company benefit?
4. You hate your boss - one of the most popular LinkedIn posts of all time is: people don't leave their companies, they leave managers. Bad bosses seldom ever improve.
Think: Do you receive regular performance feedback from your boss?
5. It's no fun - whereas you are at work to work, there should always be time for play and everyone needs a laugh or a gossip to brighten their day.
Think: Do you have a work bestie?
6. You're not 'you' at work - your job shouldn't make you feel extra tired, unable to smile and prone to complaining.
Think: Look back on how you felt when you first started the job… do you still feel the same way now?
For tips on how to perfect your CV, click here.
Contact us today if you’re looking for your next role, or considering starting a career as a New Homes Sales Negotiator.